We offer a full range of safe, professional and pain-free dental treatments that will make you smile. We work with each client to create a personal care plan so you feel comfortable and happy before, during and after your visit to Dolphins Dental.
PreventionOur preventative clinics have three main aims:
- Regular visits to monitor dental health
- Treatment and care to strengthen your mouth against tooth and gum disease
- Support to care for your teeth at home and avoid pain and emergency treatment
We take x-rays and computer images of your teeth so we can see your mouth from every angle and hold regular reviews to update your information as dental health can be affected by even small alterations in general health, medication, lifestyle, diet, stress levels and posture.
We look at the following areas to devise a plan to improve oral health in the long and short term:
- Teeth and gum health and areas of potential vulnerability
- The condition of facial muscles and strength of the jaw
- Mouth tissues inside and outside including an Oral Cancer Screening
The answer is no. Our practice use state of the art administration of local anaesthetic called STA – Single Tooth Anaesthesia. The device is called ‘The Wand.’ It’s the world leader in providing pain relief. No more numb face, lips and tongue- it’s just the tooth that needs the treatment!’
A white, bright smile can light up a room and boost confidence and self-esteem. We offer a precision, professional tooth whitening service with lasting results. Our products are safe, lightening teeth by several shades.Here’s what to expect:
- The first appointment is to take an impression so that a Dental Lab can make bespoke whitening trays.
- The second appointment is to fit the trays and demonstrate the gel being applied.
- The gums are protected, the whitening gel is applied several teeth at a time and the gel is activated. The process is gentle and thorough.
- Tooth sensitivity is a common side effect of whitening. This usually settles quickly and can be eased by rubbing on desensitizing toothpaste with a fingertip.
The Wand™ - gentle anaesthesia
The Wand is a revolutionary method of anesthetising which eases the fears of anyone who dreads having an injection as part of their dental treatment.
The needle is not what causes the main discomfort of an injection it is the pressure and volume of the fluid going into the tissues from the traditional syringe.
The Wand uses a unique new technology - a small hand piece that looks like a pen and delivers a dose of anaesthetic which is controlled by a computer. It works at a low pressure and a slow rate which is more effective and comfortable.
It has been our experience that clients are amazed to feel no pain, even in those areas of the mouth which are more prone to sensitivity.